Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Working!!

So its been 2 days since my blog and a lot has changed.

I've finally started to feel a difference in my lungs and in particular my cough has changed significantly!! I've started coughing up large plugs of brown, green and yellow mucus. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like lumpy green porridge! GROSS I know but exciting all the same!! I'm also coughing up weird hard bits of a mucus...it makes me wonder how long some of it has been sitting in my lungs for!! Coughed up a bit of blood yesterday but it passed pretty quickly which is a good sign- I think it was mainly due to the fact that I'd been coughing so much.

I've still been waking up coughing but mainly to get all the mucus out not due to my reflux. I can tell this is different because the cough is not forceful or irritating, its more productive. I actually got to sleep the other night LAYING down!!!!! I have not been able to do that in about a year so that was pretty exciting for me!! I'm still having my coughing fits in the morning but they don't last for as long and I'm able to move on with my day a lot quicker.

This is going to sound like a bit of an over share but I feel like its just one aspect of C.F that often gets over looked and not talked about because it can be embarrassing. Due to the enormous pressure the body is under during coughing all the muscles in the body become very tired quickly. In females with C.F the pelvic floor is under a lot of stress from all the organs pressing down on them when you cough and this can lead to many lifestyle problems!! I'm sure you can read between the lines but to say the least sometimes I feel as if Im a 23 year old living in a 90 year old incontinent body. All these problems stem from the fact that coughing is physically stressful on the body but now that Kalydeco is starting to help loosen up my lungs and reduce the forceful pressure this is proving to be less of an issue...if you get my drift!

Today my beautiful friends came over for dinner and we were laughing away as usual and I broke into a huge coughing fit. I can't wait till the day I can laugh with my friends without coughing and gasping for air in-between laughing fits!

Good night :-) xx A.P

No comments:

Post a Comment